“Responsible investing means ensuring the companies owned by Cairngorm Capital contribute to enhancing the world. With more than 7,000 employees serving tens of thousands of customers, we understand that our leadership in managing our impact upon the environment and upon society is a crucial part of our role.”
Environment, Social and Governance
ESG is fundamental to the Cairngorm Capital investment process, from finding and executing investments, through stewardship and ultimately exit phases.
We engage with all our portfolio companies throughout our period of ownership, to understand their needs, support management of their ESG issues and identify and share best practice across our portfolio.
ESG consideration throughout the investment process
- Review of potential ESG risks and opportunities associated with a potential investment
ESG Due Dilligence
- ESG DD led either in-house or by specialist DD providers
- Focus on identity ESG risks & opportunities
- Gaps are included within 100-day and value creation plans as appropriate
- Implementation of ESG within 100-day plan
- Cairngorm standard ESG reporting process
- Board takes ownership for company ESG tasks and targets
- ESG performance is monitored in line with board reporting cycle
- Board revisits ESG performance and targets annually having consulted Cairngorm Capital
- Portfolio company ESG performance included in Cairngorm Capital annual portfolio ESG review
- ESG plans are refreshed for the next phase of ownership
- ESG is addressed in vendor DD package
The Cairngorm Capital Foundation
The Cairngorm Capital Foundation was established in 2021 by Cairngorm Capital’s partners, as a way for us to support the causes about which we are most passionate and to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate.
Our firm’s Scottish heritage naturally draws us to projects that focus on protecting and restoring the landscape and wild habitats of the Scottish Highlands but we are always on the lookout for initiatives elsewhere in the country that align with our ethos and values.
To find out more about our company or enquire about how we might be able to work with you, please contact us by phone or use the contact form below.
22 Cross Keys Close
London W1U 2DW
Tel: 0207 183 6390
110 George Street
Edinburgh EH2 4LH
Tel: 0131 581 9150