Cairngorm Capital Case Studies
Founded in 1972, MJ Wilson is a leading independent distributor of Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (“MRO”) components. The company sells technical Process and Instrumentation products (such as valves, flanges and gaskets) from five regional branches. It employs highly-trained staff who serve a diverse range of long-standing customers.
Cairngorm Capital invested in MJ Wilson in January 2018, as the first in a series of investments within the MRO industry to create a new national and full-service business led by highly experienced industry executives. Through a series of accelerated investments in technically focused companies across the MRO product range, the aim is to develop the MRO platform to become a UK-wide industry leader.
In collaboration with an expert management team, MJ Wilson will serve as the initial platform for a national, technically focused, MRO business that serves small-to-medium size enterprises. Our strategy involves:
- Consolidating leadership through further acquisitions
- Broadening product and service offerings across bearings, fluid power and industrial supplies
- Achieving revenue synergies through cross-selling to an enlarged group
- Collaborating with supply-chain partners to drive efficiencies
- Enhancing business development and sales initiatives to accelerate growth